Home  |  Message Board  |  Fan Pics  |  Fan Polls  |  RSS Feed  |  Top of Thread  |  Login  |  Register
Display By:
Home  |  Message Board  |  Top of Thread  |  Login  |  Register
Display By:

 

 

 

Previous Thread   |  Top Of Board  |  Start New Thread  |   Next Thread
DCI_Gene_Hunt Posted on 12/10/2019 16:37
Supporters Forum
 
According to the last meeting minutes the next scheduled meeting is Monday 14th.

Wonder what's on the agenda?
IP: Logged
Primus84 Posted on 13/10/2019 16:35

Supporters Forum
Wouldn't it be great if the representative from this forum was really proactive in eliciting feedback and talking points from the members of the forum prior to the meeting taking place?
IP: Logged
rob_fmttm Posted on 13/10/2019 19:04

Supporters Forum
What an angry man you are Primus. Always.
Be proactive. Tell me what you want taking to the forum. Start a thread about it.
IP: Logged
TheFair86 Posted on 13/10/2019 19:18

Supporters Forum
He has a point though rob, if you’re representing the fans and there is a meeting tomorrow, what do you take to the table if you haven’t told people there is a meeting and no one guesses?
IP: Logged
Primus84 Posted on 13/10/2019 19:42

Supporters Forum
Not angry Rob - just disappointed...
IP: Logged
GazC_MFC Posted on 13/10/2019 19:52

Supporters Forum
Surely rob you want to gage opinion on the agenda itself?
IP: Logged
Primus84 Posted on 13/10/2019 21:28

Supporters Forum
It would appear he doesn't...
IP: Logged
Barnsy Posted on 13/10/2019 21:33

Supporters Forum
If anybody had anything that they wished to be added to the 'agenda' surely they would have mentioned it by now.

Or maybe that wouldn't be cool.
IP: Logged
r00fie1 Posted on 13/10/2019 21:45

Supporters Forum
Cool dude[8D]
IP: Logged
Barnsy Posted on 13/10/2019 21:52

Supporters Forum
'Tell me what you want taking to the forum'

The silence is deafening. As expected?
IP: Logged
Primus84 Posted on 13/10/2019 22:00

Supporters Forum
Well Barnsy - how about Rob shares the agenda so we actually know what topics are being discussed?!

Then we could all, you know, chip in with our suggestions on the topics they've already agreed to discuss.

Rather than us, you know, guessing what they might be discussing...
IP: Logged
Barnsy Posted on 13/10/2019 22:02

Supporters Forum
So 'chip in' brother.
IP: Logged
Primus84 Posted on 13/10/2019 22:04

Supporters Forum
Oh and just to follow up the following are points that should have been raised by now but:

1. The pre-season open training session was a suggestion that gained a lot of support toward the back end of last season but then nothing happened and no further discussion or follow up was mentioned.

2. Walk up ticket prices are ridiculous.

3. The new ticket fees system sees people paying more since the fee is per ticket instead of per transaction.

4. It's now harder to purchase additional tickets for casual fans who fancy attending due to having to create accounts for fans rather than existing ticket holders being able to simply purchase additional tickets as they used to be able to.

5. I'd personally like to know what happened regarding concourse heating - last winter it was big on the agenda, mentioned many times, trips were undertaken to other grounds (Derby??? - not sure) but then again nothing came of it.

6. Is the outdoor fanzone/bar going to continue through the winter months - if so how are they going to make it attractive given that it's outside and will be freezing etc?

Just a few for you Barnsy to answer your ridiculous and usual Ra Ra posturing.
IP: Logged
Barnsy Posted on 13/10/2019 22:07

Supporters Forum
That's better[^]

Far better than moaning.

IP: Logged
rob_fmttm Posted on 13/10/2019 22:07

Supporters Forum
Does anyone have anything for the agenda - I know that at long last the catering manager is coming to give a report and field questions - so at long last I can ask about the Meal Deal - it has been a long wait for that. Secondly someone from MFC Foundation is coming to talk but I don't exactly what about.
Also, it will be a packed house because there will be members of Rainbow Reds, Boro Fusion and also guests from One Boro and I think one other forum.
IP: Logged
Barnsy Posted on 13/10/2019 22:13

Supporters Forum
'I'd personally like to know what happened regarding concourse heating ....'

And you refer to others as, 'ra rah'.

Unbelievable!

Do you have a blanket and a flask?
IP: Logged
Primus84 Posted on 13/10/2019 22:17

Supporters Forum
I refer to you as a Ra Ra fan as the club (and Rob) can do no wrong in your eyes...
IP: Logged
Primus84 Posted on 13/10/2019 22:19

Supporters Forum
Oh and concourse heating given how cold the ground is in winter would really help make the place more appealing for people to stay longer - arrive earlier or stay after the game and therefore spend money on more drinks etc.

The same as how WiFi would also make the place more appealing. But the club's dismissive approach is telling on this one since many stadia now have WiFi but to listen to MFC you'd think it was some outlandish request.
IP: Logged
Barnsy Posted on 13/10/2019 22:27

Supporters Forum
'refer to you as a Ra Ra fan as the club (and Rob) can do no wrong in your eyes...'

No! You referred to me as a Ra Ra fan as a cheap dig. And why not?

As far as the rest of your sentence is concerned, maybe you should provide evidence to back up your claim.

That would be the correct thing to do.
IP: Logged
BurraKanka Posted on 13/10/2019 22:29

Supporters Forum
A 'primus' stove might be useful.[:D][:D]
IP: Logged
rob_fmttm Posted on 13/10/2019 22:32

Supporters Forum
Concourse heating - the Forum did a fact finding mission to Derby County - but obviously Boro and Derby relations have soured since.
But apart from that, firstly it seemed some of the figures for costings given by Derby needed to be looked at again, it may have been far more costly than first reported. MFC made a follow up contact and that implied initial spend would be considerably more than the Forum had been told.
Secondly Middlesbrough and other clubs were to be invited down to Pride Park but this hasn't happened yet. I don't know whether Boro would be quite so welcome now.
WiFi - I will bring this up again - a matter of cost is one of the answers. I suppose I could try and find out an actual figure. But as you can imagine the budget is dropping at the moment.
The concourse heating would become so much more viable if we were in the Premier when they had been looking to open a second tier to the North Stand concourse for instance - but they just don't have the money to do many improvements at the moment.
IP: Logged
Barnsy Posted on 13/10/2019 22:38

Supporters Forum
And so what happens to Derby's heat when they open the doors at half time to allow us to have a fag?

That's not good for global warming.

For those that feel the chill, put a jumper on.[LOVE]

IP: Logged
Richyboro Posted on 13/10/2019 22:40

Supporters Forum
I vote for Primus to be a fans representative [^] His points 4, 2 and 3 need sorting asap.
IP: Logged
rob_fmttm Posted on 13/10/2019 22:43
Edited On: 13/10/2019 22:49
Supporters Forum
To be honest I don't have the agenda either.
I know part of it will be clearing everything left off when there was the fire alarm two months ago - last month we ran out of time.

Open Training was a good idea - but the whole idea was to do it pre season. During the summer holidays. Am not sure why it didn't happen but it could be that it was raised too late in the summer.

Ticketing - yes the new system transaction payments are different. It is a tricky one as many people will be better off now and many losers - depending on how many tickets you are buying per transaction. The individual fee is less but per ticket. If you buy one you pay less, buy six you pay loads more.

Tickets for guests etc - I think I am right in saying you can always get them at the ticket office or over the phone - it is just online that you have to register everyone.
IP: Logged
rob_fmttm Posted on 13/10/2019 22:47

Supporters Forum
Outdoor fanzone - yes the intention is for it to continue through the winter. They have been pricing up various types of cover. If that can be arranged in a way that works it will continue.
This is something I gleaned through a conversation at an event at the club, rather than at a Forum meeting.

What else? Yes, walk up tickets are far too much and the same can be said regarding concessions around the ground.
It is really hard to convince the guys in charge to change this. So much you already know.
IP: Logged
rob_fmttm Posted on 13/10/2019 23:35

Supporters Forum
Finally got Agenda - sent over -

Minutes of Mtg 32:
Issued and accepted as read.

Agenda points for discussion tonight:

a) MFC – Catering dept.updates – Peter Hall
b) MFC - Foundation updates- Alan Geddes
c) Rainbow Reds – update discussion
d) Boro Supporters Club – update from Jill Atkinson
e) Red Fusion – update from Ishak
f) OneBoro – first meeting – Jen Hayton – discussion

Matters arising and including issues from mtg. 30/31 & 32

1) RN: Financial Fair Play / Asset and ground protection/Stewardship of football clubs - call for a national license system with independent regulation. Issues with Bolton W and Bury. Any updates from RN? Letter from FSA to CJ ?

2) RN: Environmental - football getting greener - what can we do to make football more environmentally friendly at Boro? Reusable beer tankards used for £1 deposit at Chelsea as at music fests etc. Wooden cutlery to replace plastic types etc. paper straws. No balloons etc. Making Fan Zones greener. Have there been any further thoughts on this issue?

3) RN & Twel2th Man. Boro away fixtures at “odd times” - ( Luton, Bristol City & Birmingham C. at altered times in first 2 months.). Is there any chance of fixtures like this being given some extra thought and consideration for travelling fans. Night fixtures with a maximum travel time or distance – i.e. 2hrs or 100 miles. Things CAN BE DONE about this in relation to important fixtures.
4) RN & Twel2th Man.
Letter for reciprocal away ticket pricing in EFL. Still lots of concern/criticism of Boro pricing on social media - what should be our reaction to this. RN has spoken with Steve Gibson, Neil Bauser and Adrian Bevington and all were talking about some kind of dialogue with fans about this during pre-season time scale. We would urge this should happen. Steve Gibson may have good reasons - increase in VAT and high level of concessions etc but it would be terrific if “the fans” heard about this from the club after there was an open and frank discussion about it. Has there been any further progress on this issue – or will there be?

5) MDSA: Reports of 100% increase in disabled parking costs and query re-spaces at Riverside.
Any updates from MFC ?

6) MDSA: Letter from Paul Sandbach re – parking issue as mentioned in item 5 above.
Any further comments ?

7) CW: Next Foodbank confirmed from 12noon on 23rd November before HULL CITY game.
Caroline to initiate info to all contacts to boost interest and to contact HCFC fans to make them aware of collection. Please also post on all our members websites and wherever else interest can be raised. Can MFC DO A PIECE IN THE PROGRAMME FOR THE GAMES BEFORE THE HULL CITY GAME PLEASE ?

Any other business:-

8) CJ: Safe Standing: Response and update statement from Govt Sports Minister.

9) CJ: Concourse Heating: Any updates.

10) PH: Mark Shalliker:- Safety issue for wheelchair access / egress.


Future meetings:- November meeting will be Monday, 14th at 6.30pm then
December 9th at 6.30pm at The Riverside Stadium. Thanks to YF.

This is my first viewing also - a lot is from meeting disrupted by fire alarm 2 months ago and is not really relevant anymore. So, hopefully can be passed over very quickly.
IP: Logged
Emmersons_BrazillianDong Posted on 13/10/2019 23:35
Edited On: 13/10/2019 23:42
Supporters Forum
You're right Rob. I think the difficult thing for you is that the club seem to be paying lip service to a lot of issues raised at the meetings.

Each and every meeting there seems to be a lot of going away and coming back a few months later with no substance at all on the topics that matter.

The recent survey response report demonstrated many things that the club admit have been raised by fans many times over but there has been no significant movement on. The wifi issue was one off the top of my head.

The club don't seem to really give a toss to be honest.
IP: Logged
Cooper6711 Posted on 13/10/2019 23:48

Supporters Forum
Are the ball boys still youth players or has that been turned into a cash flow now too?
IP: Logged
Emmersons_BrazillianDong Posted on 14/10/2019 00:10

Supporters Forum
That agenda just reminded me that the reciprocal pricing is another issue you've mentioned on various occasions.

It's indefensible really and shows the true colours of the so called community club.

IP: Logged
littledick Posted on 14/10/2019 09:33

Supporters Forum
Rob, your item 7 above...

Might be a good idea to let relevent people know the match date has changed [:D]
IP: Logged
GraftLikeNegredo Posted on 14/10/2019 09:46
Edited On: 14/10/2019 09:46
Supporters Forum
Stadium heating and WiFi won't be given a a second thought until we're back in the premier league, and no sooner.
IP: Logged
littledick Posted on 14/10/2019 10:03

Supporters Forum
If the club have reportedly been paying off some of the 'lesser paid' employees, then it's unlikely many, if any, of the above proposals, will be considered / implemented, if it'll cost the club a shortfall in income.


It's all talk with no intention of action, hence why MFC staff appear to be showing little / no interest.
IP: Logged
Edis_Pilf Posted on 14/10/2019 10:13

Supporters Forum
"Are the ball boys still youth players or has that been turned into a cash flow now too?"

I take it you haven't been to many matches these last few years Cooper?
IP: Logged
festa5 Posted on 14/10/2019 10:32

Supporters Forum
EBD[^]

I've felt for a long time that there's an underlying sense of contempt towards our fans from the club. If you don't have an ST then they simply don't care anymore.

The PR is atrocious. In the past it used to feel like it was just down to incompetence. Now it feels like indifference. If the club doesn't really care about it's fans how can it expect the fans to care about the club?

Considering how insular Gibson is with his appointments, the apparent lack of understanding of our fanbase is ridiculous.
IP: Logged
rob_fmttm Posted on 14/10/2019 10:38

Supporters Forum
Yes thanks littledick that is a really good point. It was the first I had seen that agenda until I posted it and obviously addressing things from 2 months ago makes them miles out of date - I am not sure food bank is possible at the early kick off on a Sunday - that could be discussed tonight.
IP: Logged
rob_fmttm Posted on 14/10/2019 10:59

Supporters Forum
One positive that everyone should bear in mind is that if you go around football there are very few other clubs at any level in the game that meet with fans around a table as regularly as Boro. That is a big step forward for us. It maybe says a lot about where football is at in general. But I talk to lots of supporters at FSA and most fan engagement is once a season or a couple of times this is a monthly meeting.
We do have a survey - we do have a chance to voice concerns - ask questions - we don't always get the answers we want to hear. Especially over ticketing. But this has never ever happened at Boro before in the whole time I have been doing the fanzine or since the club restarted in 1986.
It is very frustrating I know - but the very fact we have these face to face meetings every month and nearly always with a member of the exec is a big plus for Boro supporters. As I said above it has never, ever happened before here and it seldom happens anywhere else.
I take the whole process very seriously. It is an opportunity. Things are discussed and we do have some small successes. We keep striving hoping for more.
IP: Logged
Sortie Posted on 14/10/2019 16:42

Supporters Forum
Isn't it odd that that the Head of Recruitment Operations is getting involved in discussions with RN & 12thMan about reciprocal away ticket pricing.

Two things here why isn't HRO concentrating on his role and secondly the way the Agenda/Minutes are written it's unclear as to what capacity Rob is there in.
IP: Logged
Primus84 Posted on 14/10/2019 19:22

Supporters Forum
Maybe so Rob but none of that matters if they don't actually listen and care enough to make changes.

It also doesn't matter if the agenda isn't circulated properly in advance and the representatives don't ask for feedback from the very people they're there to represent.
IP: Logged
DCI_Gene_Hunt Posted on 20/10/2019 11:21

Supporters Forum
I guess the minutes haven't been shared yet but any general feedback from the meeting?
IP: Logged
rob_fmttm Posted on 20/10/2019 12:42

Supporters Forum
Minutes are just being shared and checked for accuracy. Should be out and online tomorrow I think. 18th was deadline to say if they were accurate
IP: Logged
rob_fmttm Posted on 21/10/2019 17:50

Supporters Forum
Here are the minutes from last week's meeting.

Link: Minutes
IP: Logged
LeeTublin Posted on 21/10/2019 19:45
Edited On: 21/10/2019 19:54
Supporters Forum
What hppened to Derek Matthews, Rob i know you had been impressed by him but nothing changed in his time at the club.


"just seen the other threads."
IP: Logged
scrutonsmog Posted on 21/10/2019 19:55

Supporters Forum
33 meetings to achieve what? You and the other attendees are being played like a fiddle for the price of a sandwich and cup of tea, but I suspect you already know that.
IP: Logged
Previous Thread  |  Start New Thread  |  Top Of Board  |  Top Of Thread  |  Next Thread



Home  |Message Board  |  Top of Board  |  Login  |  Register


Copyright © 2008 to 2019 Fansonline.net Ltd

FansOnline.net Ltd
Unit 7
Brentnall Center
Gilkes Street
Middlesbrough
Cleveland
TS1 5AP
Fansonline Home | About Fansonline | Contact Fansonline | Advertise On Fansonline | Privacy Policy | TOS
10.0.166.103