|Previous Thread | Top Of Board | Start New Thread | Next Thread|
borolad259 Posted on 13/02/2016 10:08
Edited On: 13/02/2016 21:15FMTTM ADMIN/MODERATION
|Some simple guidelines.|
1. Admin of this board is done in the interests of the majority of users and not just for the individual (you). This might mean that you may find yourself upset/irritated/infuriated/full of righteous indignation over admin decisions (especially if one of your posts has been deleted). This is unfortunate, but it's the way things are.
2. Admin do not have the time, or the inclination, to enter long eliptical discussions about admin decisions. If you have a query about a specific decision, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org It may not be possible to answer your query immediately. We may be busy. POSTS/THREADS ABOUT ADMIN DECISIONS/POLICY WILL BE DELETED.
3. There are several of us. One of us has the hide of a rhino, the others don't. Abuse of admin will no longer be tolerated at all.
4. It's not a democratic process. It might even resemble an authoritarian regime. Well, it might be, but for the vast majority of users who have little or no conflict with admin, it's a benevolent one.
5. No discussion of admin/moderation on the board. It will be deleted. See point 2.
6. Try to treat other users with respect. Refrain from posts that MAY BE INTERPRETED as hateful/racist/offensive etc.
Banter is fine, as are the attempts to circumvent the swear filter ... as long as they are mild/amusing/NOT LIKELY TO OFFEND.
7. Be aware that girls/women read the board. If the lads could try to keep a lid on their testosterone, and keep to language that's unlikely to make women feel uncomfortable, that would be helpful. This is gender specific because the issue is gender specific. In fact female posters seldom give admin cause for concern on any front.
8. If you see something offensive, you can report it in this thread.
9. DO NOT POST CRITICISM OR ARGUMENT WITH ADMIN IN THIS THREAD. Thanks. That will help us to keep it free for reports.